As you plan the holidays, we would like to remind you to consider Seven Tips for Safe Holiday Travel:
- Remember to buckle up every ride, every time, whether it’s the long trip to visit family or around the block to the mall.
- Shopping center parking lots are busier during the holidays. Watch out for distracted pedestrians and drivers who may not be paying attention to you, especially when backing out of parking spaces.
- For parents of teens, remind them to be extra alert during this holiday season, when conditions are more challenging even for experienced drivers.
- Commit to keeping your electronics out of your hand. No text message or playlist is worth the risk.
- If you are headed to a party and plan to drink alcohol, designate a driver or use a car service to make sure you get home safely.
- Expect the unexpected. You never know when you have to stop abruptly, so keep hot foods, large gifts and anything that can become a projectile in the trunk.
- Remember when traveling in large groups, all vehicle occupants need their own seat belt or car seat, even for short rides.